Wednesday 10 April 2013

Why tipping up crisp packets always goes horribly wrong

You know the situation; you’re happily enjoying a packet of crisps, peacefully munching away. Then towards the end of the packet, HELL ITSELF UNFOLDS. You straighten out one edge of the packet and gradually raise one corner to your mouth to allow those final unreachable crumbs to slide onto your waiting tongue. BUT! You failed to flatten the edge of the packet causing the crumbs to get stuck. Unable to see  what calamities are occurring right under your nose  you foolishly shake the packet, to get those last crumbs and spray salt and vinegar in your eyes.
Ok, perhaps you're not quite that malcoordinated, but perhaps you are the person who still has quite a few large crisps at the bottom but becomes impatient and greedily begins this idiotic process early, causing the large crisps to fall and cut your lip. Maybe I’m just incredibly clumsy, maybe I’m the only one stupid enough to partially blind myself during a simple act of consuming crisps. Besides all this, be damned those people who, upon finishing their packets, tear it open into one flat sheet which they then lick up any remaining content until clean.
Ow! I just bit my lip, I suppose that will teach me to chew gum...but the pain has subsided and I’m still chewing.
Does that make me a liar or a hypocrite?
Where am I?
Ah, yes crisps, I like crisps, so why do they taunt me so?

No comments:

Post a Comment